- The popularity of hard seltzer is exploding. It is the fastest-growing category in the alcoholic beverages industry
- Even during the COVID-19 pandemic and lockdowns, Americans quadrupled their spend on hard seltzers — spending $2.7 Billion
- Just 8 weeks after its debut in January, Michelob ULTRA Organic Seltzer – the first nationally distributed USDA certified organic hard seltzer – is introducing a second variety pack, known as the Classic Collection, which will include three new flavors: Mixed Berry, Citrus and Mango Apricot.
It seems like you can’t go to a grocery store, liquor store or socially distanced backyard barbecue without seeing a can of hard seltzer.
The popularity of hard seltzer is exploding. It is the fastest-growing category in the alcoholic beverages industry with expected sales of $2.7 billion this year.
Now is your chance to speak to a leading industry executive about the growing trend and to learn about the newest flavor release of the first nationally distributed USDA certified organic hard seltzer from Michelob Ultra, hitting shelves March 1st.
Ricardo Marques, VP of Marketing, Michelob ULTRA, discusses:
- The popularity of hard seltzer and why it is exploding.
- How it became the fastest-growing category in the alcoholic beverages industry
- The introduction of a second variety pack, known as the Classic Collection, which will include three new flavors: Mixed Berry, Citrus and Mango Apricot.
- How the brand is positioned to thrive in the rapidly expanding hard seltzer category by providing a unique new option for the mature hard seltzer lover who enjoys a balanced lifestyle.
Station Note: This segment is brought to you by Michelob ULTRA
Ricardo Marques has been championing the love for beer for over 15 years by growing some of the most iconic brands at Anheuser-Busch Inbev in Europe, Brazil and since 2012 in the US.
In his current role as VP of Marketing, Michelob ULTRA, Ricardo is leading the fastest growing beer brand franchise in the US, already #2 in dollar sales. Just recently he led the much talked about partnership with the NBA and Microsoft to create a groundbreaking virtual fan experience titled “Michelob ULTRA Courtside,” launched the most watched home workout platform in the US “Movement Live” and created a new music livestream platform titled “Pure Golden Hour Sessions”.
In his prior role Ricardo’s led some of the most iconic campaigns for Budweiser in recent memory. Under his leadership, Budweiser has “Turned beer into water” in support of disaster relief efforts; launched the prohibition era inspired Budweiser Reserve co-branded with Jim Beam; added wind power to the recipe to brew with 100% renewable electricity and celebrated American culture through multiple award winning creative: “This Bud’s for 2,” “Born the Hard Way,” “Dream Delivered,” “Harry Caray’s Last Call,” “This Bud’s For 3,” “One Last Ride,” and “This Bud’s for Jackie” amongst others.
Ricardo believes in the power of diverse teams, purpose led brands and uncomfortable creative ideas.