Registered Dietitian and Nutrition Expert Lisa Katic, RD
One in three people ditch their New Year’s resolutions by the end of January, according to a Nielsen survey. By February, the statistics are even worse. Registered dietitian and nutrition expert Lisa Katic can help those who have already abandoned their goal to lose a few pounds – or just maintain a healthy weight.
In this video, Lisa will share simple tips to get back on track and explain how simple changes can help lead to big results. Tips from Lisa include:
- Breakfast really is the most important meal of the day.
- People commonly mistake hunger for thirst, which is why it is important to stay well-hydrated with a variety of beverages.
- While water is a great choice to stay hydrated, sometimes it just doesn’t do. Low- and no-calorie beverages can be a great option with few, if any, calories – and studies show they can be an effective tool as part of an overall weight loss or weight management program.
- Counting calories can be important for weight loss, but so are other habits like getting enough sleep or taking the stairs instead of the elevator.
- While low- and no-calorie sweeteners don’t suppress appetite, they can help make the thousands of foods and beverages that contain them tastier, which can help make it easier to follow a lower-calorie diet.
Lisa Katic, R.D., is a well-known Washington, DC-based registered dietitian and an expert in nutrition, food policy, hydration and overall health and wellness. She consults for a wide range of food and beverage industry clients, has appeared on NBC’s “Today”, CNN and the Food Network, and has been quoted in a variety of national print outlets..
This is sponsored by the American Beverage Association.
The opinions expressed by Lisa Katic, RD are hers alone.